Monday, June 4, 2012

TRACKING MAY 30

Well it has been a very busy week , but also a really fun and rewarding week.
I stop on my way to calgary at Michelle's where we , Michelle, Kristine and I , did a blind track each. Everytime we get the opportunity to do these tracks we learn something. Whether it is about our handling, the dogs ablities or just swapping tips...it is always fun and rewarding. It is really exciting to see each of us and our dogs growing and getting better everytime we are together.

As we waited for Kristine to arrive Michelle hide some articles for Quila. They were about an hour old when I put her to work looking for them. She found all three with no problem and she did great alerts. It was a good job by Quila as there were three dogs looking out the window barking at her and she went to work anyways.

                                                  Here she is scenting the articles
Here she is the alert position on an article

Now we went out and laid our tracks for each other....making a map so that we will remember where we went! We each lay a track following the person's instructions on what they need on the track for their dog...more or less treats etc.  The tracks were 400-450 in length.




Here I am with Quila...she is moving along nicely. Notice the nice distance that I am working behind her and that the line is taunt but not tight.


Now Kristine and Teah are on the track. Once again notice the line and Kristine's distance from Teah. Teah definitely has the track and is working hard.


I have to say ...what a nice picture with the yellow flowers , ok maybe they are dandelions, and the beautiful sky.  In this picture you can see Ash working the track....no she isn't smelling the flowers!

Well after having a great time running the tracks we decided to have a little fun and take some pictures of our beautiful dogs....



I love this picture of Michelle and Ash....so relaxed and just enjoying each other


 I really love this picture....it is so natural
Teah is so beautiful


Now Quila girl is looking rather elegant here with a few colorful toys....

Well there are lots of great photos and I am sure I will post more later on but for now I have to run....look for my post tomorrow on how Quila did at the dog show....it was great!!
Thanks to Michelle for letting us track on her property before the cattle got there...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lynn, great pics and a wonderful day on my range with the tracking comrades!

    Looking forward to future practise sessions with the group.

    Cheers
    Michelle and Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was a fun day... Can't wait to get together again
    Your place is beautiful....thanks for having us

    ReplyDelete