Sunday, December 30, 2012

THE PUPS START EATING... GOATS MILK


This is the first time they have seen any food other than their mother...it is goats milk...they took to it like milk to a baby!!
They are four weeks old here...the time you start feeding the pups depends on how much milk their mother has and if she is starting to "kick " them off of her.
In my case Quila has tons of milk and has no problem caring for her young...so I started to feed them small amounts to get them started and to encouarge Quila to start weaning them.
 You can see they don't have any problems drinking the goats milk. As I feed raw and believe in the value of the raw diet ,they will start on goats milk and then I will add some raw patty to it and eventually it will just be the patty.
 They get their little face in the bowl and lap away....if faces and paws get dirty they clean each other or Quila takes over that job.
 Now here I have added the meat patty to the milk....they loved it!! It is gone very quickly!! I will monitor them to see how many feeds I do a day and how much I give them...of both the meat and goats milk...
So far Quila is still feeding them regularly and so I am only feeding once a day at this time....they are now five weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment