Saturday, December 22, 2012

QUILA'S PUPS...HOW THEY HAVE GROWN !!

Well I have been both busy with the pups and also totally enchanted by them. They change everyday and are becoming such beautiful goldens...not that I expected anything less. I have to say, yet again, how exciting and rewarding this whole process has been. Breeding can be a very hard experience as many things can go wrong, but when they go right....oh it is just so good!! The other side of things is also finding those forever homes...now this sounds like a simple thing but to me and many others it is not. We want our pups to go into the best homes where they will be loved, trained etc. Screening people and sometime just finding people who are serious in spending the time, energy , money etc that it takes to properly train a dog...as well as the ongoing costs of owning a dog is not as easy as it sounds. It is important that a potential puppy owner know the needs of the puppy and later dog. I have to say my girlfriend, who is also Quila's breeder, did a fab job....I have kept the families uptodate on the pups through video cam, emails of pics and videos....three of the four families have been able to make the long trip to my home, at a very busy time of year, to come and visit the pups. I have been able to enjoy seeing them around the pups, interacting and playing with them.

Now to go back abit , as I haven't posted for awhile...the pups have been growing ...growing and growing...Quila's milk is really good. I did start them on goats milk yesterday , only because they now have teeth and are starting to bite her...she will start kicking them off soon.\
So their eyes open, ears opened and the walking and playing started....
 The eyes and ears are open...the world is a big place and the wobbly legs will only go so fast...
At first they didn't seem interested in toys...but soon that changed...
 First I added the soft stuffy....they love it....they sleep on it and also tug on it....
It is such a hit I got four more so that I can get the puppies smell on them and they can go home with each of them
 Next I added a tug rope and another tug toy that is soft....they like them all....when they are out with me I utilize other toys...to help in the shaping of their personalities....one that utilizes them thinking, their balance etc
Everyday their playing increases as does their walking...or should I say running now!!




They also spend alot of time playing with each other...this play is getting rougher....with some growling and the odd barking when one wants to play and the other one isn't playing back....



Socialization of the pups is very important....these pups have had alot of socialization already....but as they are four weeks old now I have started to increase the socialization ....it is not hard to find people who like to play with adorable pups...
I am careful of how Quila reactes around the people , especially children...she has been so good ...which is no surprise...
 Introducing another dog to the pups....first I don't want alot of dogs around them as they have not had their vaccinations yet...only what ever protection their mother has passed onto them...this was my daughter's dog and we did clean the feet etc before they were introduced...once again keeping in mind how Quila reactes...and once again she was a star ....she grew up with this Boston and so had no problem with her playing with her pups....in fact she went and had a much deserved nap!
 We have had the pups around a baby....both baby and puppies were happy to interact...
 We have many adults...both female and male playing with the pups everyday
Now we have also added children...the pups have been held, carried and petted....and love it all!!

As you can see I am working had to have well adjusted puppies , that enjoy all people and love to be handled....so far it is working....

Well I finally found a little time to do this blog...but now it is back to the pups....hopefully tomorrow I will post on the pups and their introduction to goats milk...stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment