Wednesday, September 26, 2012

MANASLU AVALANCHE 2012



MANASLU




Shawn is the one in the front...the days before the avalanche


Little did he know that his trip would have such a sad and tragic end

Once again I will say that I don't usually talk about my day to life on this blog...it is for my dog activities...but I just wanted to talk about my son and his climb for a minute and then I will get back to dog business...some of you may have heard on the news this past weekend the in Nepal at Manaslu they had a avalanche on the mountain....my son is fine but was at camp two that was hit as well. As him and his tent partner were in their tent , they were woken up by the winds...they thought that they might be blow off the mountain. They did not know that there was an avalanche....their tent was collapsed and covered with snow....they were able to cut their way out of their tent and get out. No one in their camp was killed but 12 tents were hit, 2 slightly injured...which is lucky compared to camp three where 11 are known dead and many more missing....thanks you for your prayers ....I like to think it kept my son safe...now continue to pray for those missing and dead...and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment